UX Librarian: Impossible Pronunciations and 30 Rock

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Impossible Pronunciations and 30 Rock

Just a few thoughts to explain the title of this blog, Rural Librarian.

Why yes, I am a librarian that works in the rural community of Harman, West Virginia, population about 100.

I also love the television show 30 Rock, possibly the funniest show on tv at the moment. The writing is over-the-top funny and super fast. One of my favorite episodes is about the narcissistic character Jenna (played by the amazing Jane Krakowski) who is starring in a movie entitled The Rural Juror, a title that no one can pronounce nor understand. When I am feeling a little blue all my son has to say is "Rural Juror" and it makes me laugh! It is ridiculously impossible.

So, in starting a new blog I chose a title that is descriptive but also...a little funny. It's my own personal shout out to the comedic genius of Tina Fey as Liz Lemon and the hilarious acting of Alec Baldwin as Jack Donaghy. Over the years, 30 Rock has helped me laugh through many a dark day.

Cause yeah, even librarians love tv.

If you love 30 Rock and want to purchase the DVDs, you may click below to link to Amazon. If you buy the DVDs from this link, a portion of the proceeds come back to the Pioneer Memorial Public Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment